Tuesday, October 21, 2008

George Osborne writes...

My good friend, colleague, and all-round mini-me Gideon Osborne has this to say about the financial crisis:

I didn't get where I am today without knowing that the house will burn down if you don't repair the roof while the sun is shining. I will not beat around the mulberry bush. Gordon Brown is responsible for this. He is the ugly duckling that prevented the goose from laying the golden egg. There's no smoke without a fait accompli worse than death. But every silver lining has a cloud. We Conservatives are a different kettle of fish out of water. Unlike Gordon, I am not an ostrich who buries his head under a bushel. I will leave no worm unturned. I will strike while the bird in the hand is hot. So let's run it up the flagpole and see if the rats desert the sinking ship. The proof of the pudding is a horse of a different colour.

Ladies, and gentlemen, it is never too late for a leopard to change horses in midstream.

No comments: