Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Half Tory, Half Tree-Hugger

So I have been called a half-Tory. What people need to understand is how the Lexus hybrid works.

Firstly, the batteries and electric motor allow the engine to run at efficient speeds, and recapture energy when the brakes are applied. This allows an almost doubling of fuel efficiency. ("Half Tree Hugger")

Secondly, it is twice as big as other cars, halving the fuel efficiency again ("Half Tory"). So let me reassure you, that my Tory half is twice the Tory of anybody else's Tory half.

Ahem, I mean my tree-hugger half is twice... well you know what I mean.

Anyway, the environment is not about a binary choice between hugging trees and cutting them down. We can give them a really big hug and then cut them down.

Tag: hybrid, tree-hugger

No comments: